Information stress, selection stress and blogging stress are becoming real problems. The consumer of today plans individually and makes selections and personalized combinations. An obsession with the lifestyles of the rich and famous will drive sales of celebrity-endorsed products, such as fragrances and sportswear, as well as readership of glossy magazines and lifestyle websites.
The desire to travel remains as strong as ever, if not stronger. However, constraints on household budgets will mean that many consumers will need to settle for destinations that are less luxurious and/or closer to home than they would like. Consumers are using leisure and escapism to cope with recession.
People are getting tired of the trend to do so much and start looking for simplicity and a peaceful and quiet holiday surrounding. Values such as spirituality and meaningful are becoming more and more important. People are looking for inspiration, depth, passion and happiness.
Segments on the move
- The Benelux population maintains the same in size, the senior part is growing
- Demand for luxury accommodations is increasing.
- Short holidays are popular
- Cruise market is becoming increasingly popular
- An upcoming trend: the flash packers, luxury style backpacking
- Single travel offer is important
Specifics concerning holiday behavior in The Netherlands and Belgium
- Each employee has a minimum of 25 paid holidays per year.
- Percentage of travelers: 70% of inhabitants go on a yearly vacation
- Main months of traveling: July-August (for long vacation abroad)
- Shorts break are popular: throughout the whole year
- Total expenditure on International tourism: 21,5 USD billion (within the world Top-5)
- Expenditure Belgians (number 1 in the world): â‚¬ 908,50 p.p. for a long holiday
- Expenditure Dutch (number 2 in the world): â‚¬ 812,50 p.p. for a long holiday
- Transportation: 40% travels by car, 54% travels by air
- Average stay: 13,1 days for a long vacation, 3,3 days for a short vacation
- Average amount of trips per year 3.3 per household
Innovation Italy offers the following services
- Focusing on free publicity opportunities
- Organization of individual and group press trips
- Organizing media events such as press conferences, press lunches
- Copy writing& translations
- Photo library
- Destination marketing
Innovation Italy develops and works with the following media:
- Interactive websites
Benelux Italy Websites Rank by Traffic (lower number is highest ranked website)
De Smaak van Italie.nl